Advice from Tyler Cowencreated: ; modified:
Here’s the advice I’ve seen Tyler Cowen (aka Oracle of DelCi) give to people that I keep pondering over the years.
- You can always do better.
- Don’t do a big project if the conversations you have w/ your future colleagues are not the most exciting ones you have
- Prepare to live in times of change.
- What great people work on is overdetermined because it’s clear what the greatest thing to do is at any point in history.
- Always keep improving your mentors and always keep asking yourself who are the young people you want to be talking to.
- Recursive self-improvement requires a closed system.
- Find a partner.
See discussion on Marginal Revolution (#1 top rated comment: “This is just so very blindingly false.” ).